One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A blastula having the form of a disc of cells on top of the yolk.
- ‘As a result, the blastodisc on the yolk becomes a blastoderm.’
- ‘Pole cells cease dividing after the formation of the cellular blastoderm.’
- ‘At cellular blastoderm most of the EAR protein is associated with cells at the periphery, while some protein is still associated with yolk nuclei.’
- ‘When the membranes surrounding the peripheral nuclei fuse to form the 6000 cells of the cellular blastoderm, they enclose 175-225 polyploid yolk nuclei within a large syncytial yolk cell.’
- ‘When the egg is laid, the blastoderm contains several hundred cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.