One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mammalian blastula in which some differentiation of cells has occurred.
- ‘You had mentioned that twins can develop when the inner cell mass splits in the blastocyst and forms two embryos enclosed in a common trophoblast.’
- ‘Many scientists believe blastocysts - stem cells taken from days-old embryos - have much greater potential.’
- ‘Adult stem cells were injected into a mouse blastocyst, an early embryonic stage of a mouse.’
- ‘The outer trophoblast cells of the released blastocyst begin to invade the epithelium, burrowing into the underlying endometrial stroma.’
- ‘The fundamental question concerns the nature of the blastocyst from which stem cells are derived.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.