One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mammalian blastula in which some differentiation of cells has occurred.
- ‘Adult stem cells were injected into a mouse blastocyst, an early embryonic stage of a mouse.’
- ‘Many scientists believe blastocysts - stem cells taken from days-old embryos - have much greater potential.’
- ‘The fundamental question concerns the nature of the blastocyst from which stem cells are derived.’
- ‘The outer trophoblast cells of the released blastocyst begin to invade the epithelium, burrowing into the underlying endometrial stroma.’
- ‘You had mentioned that twins can develop when the inner cell mass splits in the blastocyst and forms two embryos enclosed in a common trophoblast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.