Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A machine used in commercial kitchens to cool food rapidly by circulating very cold air over it.
- ‘The blast chiller was not used to cool the chili in the three-gallon stockpot due to space constraints.’
- ‘The blast chiller is more efficient in cooling foods than the standard storage refrigerator.’
- ‘Internal temperatures of the shrimp during cooking and upon removal from the blast chiller were not taken.’
- ‘Correct use of the blast chiller ensures less waste, greater saving on time, higher earnings and a healthy tasty product.’
- ‘From convection microwaves, induction cook-tops and blast chillers to maintenance schedules and consultants, restaurants are investing in new ways to control energy costs.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.