Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A plate that covers an opening in a device or a wall to protect it from moisture or dust.
- ‘Each of the PCI slots are covered with blanking plates and the rest of the case, the side panels are held in place with two thumbscrews.’
- ‘If you remove a card and don't replace it with another, the hole should be closed with a blanking plate.’
- ‘It includes a mounting system for this in the form of a PCI blanking plate with a central hole for the dial to be mounted on.’
- ‘The PCI insert is simply a blanking plate of plastic, it isn't designed to interface with the system in anyway and is there purely to hold the cooler in place.’
- ‘Simply pull the top green lever up, remove a blanking plate, install your cards and then replace the green lever.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.