One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plate that covers an opening in a device or a wall to protect it from moisture or dust.
- ‘Each of the PCI slots are covered with blanking plates and the rest of the case, the side panels are held in place with two thumbscrews.’
- ‘It includes a mounting system for this in the form of a PCI blanking plate with a central hole for the dial to be mounted on.’
- ‘If you remove a card and don't replace it with another, the hole should be closed with a blanking plate.’
- ‘Simply pull the top green lever up, remove a blanking plate, install your cards and then replace the green lever.’
- ‘The PCI insert is simply a blanking plate of plastic, it isn't designed to interface with the system in anyway and is there purely to hold the cooler in place.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.