One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A common green freshwater alga which forms long unbranched filaments, sometimes becoming a problem in over-enriched water and garden ponds.
Genus Spirogyra, division Chlorophyta (or phylum Chlorophyta, kingdom Protista)
- ‘He does admit that blanket weed can be a nuisance with newly installed ponds, particularly towards the end of a hot summer.’
- ‘I climbed down from the tree and sat by the rod looking at the limp line running out over the blanket weed that enveloped this part of the lake.’
- ‘Back at home, one of our chores this week has been scooping blanket weed out of the pond.’
- ‘I knew a few casts would be needed to get the baits in clear areas as a lot of dead blanket weed was on the bottom.’
- ‘The shade from the lily pads and the maple was sufficient to keep down the slimy blanket weed that was threatening to fill the pond earlier in the season.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.