One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An extensive flat peat bog formed in cool regions of high rainfall or humidity.
- ‘They require a mosaic of heath, blanket bog and wetland, with rough grazing, shrubs and trees for cover.’
- ‘This is an area of open blanket bog which has been modified by extensive peat extraction.’
- ‘He continued, ‘The site of the proposed development hosts an extensive priority habitat of blanket bog and dry heath.’’
- ‘On the north coast, we have miles of blanket bog that suddenly drop down into the churning and heaving of the Atlantic ocean.’
- ‘When you leave Ballycastle, the scenery changes rather abruptly from green fields to blanket bog.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.