One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of wine) white.
- ‘If I get completely paralytic on the vins blanc, there may be some amusing late night ramblings.’
- ‘Bordeaux's classified vineyards are only allowed to grow sauvignon blanc, semillon, muscadelle, ugni blanc, colombard and merlot blanc.’
- ‘Previously, only a very small quantity of this white was available, but now this grenache blanc and picardan mix is storming up the charts.’
- ‘Since 1977, he and his partner have been making Chardonnay, Cabernet and fumé blanc at the Napa Valley winery.’
- ‘It's made from pre-phylloxera colombard grapes, not the ugni blanc grapes of modern vintages.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.