Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of wine) white.
- ‘Previously, only a very small quantity of this white was available, but now this grenache blanc and picardan mix is storming up the charts.’
- ‘It's made from pre-phylloxera colombard grapes, not the ugni blanc grapes of modern vintages.’
- ‘Bordeaux's classified vineyards are only allowed to grow sauvignon blanc, semillon, muscadelle, ugni blanc, colombard and merlot blanc.’
- ‘Since 1977, he and his partner have been making Chardonnay, Cabernet and fumé blanc at the Napa Valley winery.’
- ‘If I get completely paralytic on the vins blanc, there may be some amusing late night ramblings.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.