One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of wine) white.
- ‘If I get completely paralytic on the vins blanc, there may be some amusing late night ramblings.’
- ‘Since 1977, he and his partner have been making Chardonnay, Cabernet and fumé blanc at the Napa Valley winery.’
- ‘Bordeaux's classified vineyards are only allowed to grow sauvignon blanc, semillon, muscadelle, ugni blanc, colombard and merlot blanc.’
- ‘It's made from pre-phylloxera colombard grapes, not the ugni blanc grapes of modern vintages.’
- ‘Previously, only a very small quantity of this white was available, but now this grenache blanc and picardan mix is storming up the charts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.