Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Young skaters, bladers and bikers are needed to help boost fundraising efforts for the proposed new wheel park.’
- ‘A lack of facilities has forced most bladers and skateboarders to take to the pavements, risking both injury, and the wrath of the public in the process.’
- ‘The film profiles bladers from the town showcasing their individual styles and showing their dedication to the sport.’
- ‘Bikers, skaters and bladers from all over the district attended the demonstration.’
- ‘The challenge has taken members of the club for BMX bikers, skaters and bladers more than two months to complete.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.