One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sheep shearer who uses hand shears, rather than a shearing machine.‘we were able to hire experienced blade shearers’
- ‘Whereas blade shearers would stretch the sheep out, his idea was to crimp the sheep up to make it as small as possible.’
- ‘Blade shearers and shedhands are wanted for the next pre-lamb season.’
- ‘These two blade shearers are at work near the mouth of the Waikato River.’
- ‘The Kiwi blade shearer finishes 4th in the world final.’
- ‘The first machine shearers held the sheep firmly between their knees, just as the blade shearers do.’
- ‘They represented the US as blade shearers at the World Shearing Championships in New Zealand, placing 12th and 7th, respectively.’
- ‘Congratulations to Shweni, who was crowned NZ Open champion blade shearer on Saturday 3 March.’
- ‘An expert blade shearer must master six important points.’
- ‘The technique of a good blade shearer is to shear the sheep once only, and to leave the same wool length all over the body of the sheep.’
- ‘The Christchurch blade shearer has been added to the New Zealand shearing and wool-handling team to compete in Australia next weekend.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.