One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sheep shearer who uses hand shears, rather than a shearing machine.‘we were able to hire experienced blade shearers’
- ‘Whereas blade shearers would stretch the sheep out, his idea was to crimp the sheep up to make it as small as possible.’
- ‘These two blade shearers are at work near the mouth of the Waikato River.’
- ‘Congratulations to Shweni, who was crowned NZ Open champion blade shearer on Saturday 3 March.’
- ‘An expert blade shearer must master six important points.’
- ‘The Christchurch blade shearer has been added to the New Zealand shearing and wool-handling team to compete in Australia next weekend.’
- ‘Blade shearers and shedhands are wanted for the next pre-lamb season.’
- ‘The technique of a good blade shearer is to shear the sheep once only, and to leave the same wool length all over the body of the sheep.’
- ‘The Kiwi blade shearer finishes 4th in the world final.’
- ‘They represented the US as blade shearers at the World Shearing Championships in New Zealand, placing 12th and 7th, respectively.’
- ‘The first machine shearers held the sheep firmly between their knees, just as the blade shearers do.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.