One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A common brown shoreline seaweed that has tough flat fronds containing air bladders that give buoyancy.
Fucus vesiculosus, class Phaeophyceae
- ‘Products containing guarana, garcinia, and bladderwrack are being touted as effective, although there isn't any scientific evidence that they'll help shed pounds.’
- ‘You can walk over rough slabs, cannon-ball boulders, limpets and bladderwrack to delight in the over-the-waves-views all the way to the white cliffs of Flamborough Head.’
- ‘The smash and grab antics of sea trout as they snatch your fly and tear away into the bladderwrack is a heart stopping experience most trout anglers would give their eye teeth for.’
- ‘The doctor mentions a ‘botanical thyroid formula’ that she put her patient on, consisting of coleus, bladderwrack, guggul and so forth.’
- ‘The patch impregnated with extracts of a sea algae called bladderwrack is not a diet but naturally reduces appetite, helping slimmers to lose weight gradually.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.