Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An immature form of a tapeworm, which lives in the flesh of the secondary host. Further development is suspended until it is eaten by the primary host.
- ‘When a bladder worm is ingested, the gastric juice of the stomach dissolves the wall of the capsule.’
- ‘A person becomes infected when a bladder worm is eaten along with raw or insufficiently cooked meat.’
- ‘Known as the bladder worm because of the shape of the larval stage, T. saginata is one of the most common tapeworms infecting humans.’
- ‘The larvae migrate to various tissues and within 2 months convert into what are known as bladder worms.’
- ‘What are the signs of infestation with the bladder worm?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.