One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Of the film, he says, ‘You can either make it more like a horror [film], or you can make it blackly comic.’’
- ‘I was blackly angry at my boyfriend for not being there.’
- ‘There's even a visceral and blackly humorous moment where the actors demonstrate exactly what's going to happen to the planet using a lighter, a peach and a can of air freshener.’
- ‘The majority of left-wing intellectuals, whatever they might say in print, were blackly defeatist in 1940 and again in 1942.’
- ‘There is a smaller room that shows Goya's pinturas negras, blackly painted at the end of his life, when the artist was suffering from depression and slowly going mad.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.