One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Her wings turned from silver bright to blackish dark.’
- ‘It measures 40-50 cm in length, weighs up to 2kg and has a thick, woolly coat that is dark brown or blackish.’
- ‘The birds become lethargic, with a staggered gait, their feathers are ruffled, and the comb and wattles turn dark red or blackish.’
- ‘It has a thin, black bill, dark gray to blackish legs, dark patches on either side of the upper breast, and dark ear patches.’
- ‘At 11 p.m., it looked like a blackish dark gray B - 2 bomber, but then it shot sharply forward only to slow down and stop.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.