One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Well,’ he said, ‘I don't profess to look on it from the religious ground, you know, but I thought it blackguardly, and in bad taste, and said so.’’
- ‘Let the courts make an example of the perpetrators, and in doing so send out the message to others that their vandalistic and blackguardly ways are not acceptable to the decent majority.’
- ‘While you do have to draw your sword and fight quite a few blackguardly knaves in this game, it is still very much an adventure game.’
- ‘I never knew that the judge could sentence me to prison for contempt of Court, unless I answered all the blackguardly questions about the Masters.’
- ‘But will you be able to thwart his most evil and blackguardly scheme ever: to kidnap the beautiful young Queen of Glorianne?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.