One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for scorzonera
- ‘I picked out a nice bunch of black salsify from the left of this basket.’
- ‘I have cooked black salsify before - it has been described as tasting like an oyster but I think it tastes more like a cooked radish.’
- ‘I learned that the Netherlands is one of the largest producers of black salsify, so I guess you might have to get used to seeing it in your vegetable subscription.’
- ‘With Jerusalem artichokes and black salsify only a few pieces of roots left in the ground are sufficient to guarantee a profuse harvest the next year.’
- ‘The young leaves of black salsify are also edible, but at present, do not appear on the vegetable in markets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.