One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A two-horned rhinoceros with a prehensile upper lip, found in Africa south of the Sahara.
Diceros bicornis, family Rhinocerotidae
- ‘Later, just as dusk faded to dark, we made out the lumbering form of a black rhinoceros.’
- ‘One species that has fared particularly poorly is the black rhinoceros, the browsing species of rhino that is listed as critically endangered.’
- ‘But Fay hopes to prevent the area's elephants from sharing the fate of the black rhinoceros, which was poached to local extinction in the 1980s.’
- ‘The black rhinoceros is thought to be a solitary animal, yet it is a common phenomenon that they arrive at waterholes from separate locations at similar times of night.’
- ‘Both countries have shown increases in numbers of the black rhinoceros between 1980 and 2001 and both display high levels of investment in conservation programmes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.