One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A black sausage containing pork, dried pig's blood, and suet.mass noun ‘two bits of black pudding’
- ‘I use all local produce, and have a good butcher for my black pudding, sausages and Ayrshire bacon.’
- ‘Boudin is a well-seasoned sausage of rice and pork as well as varying amounts of giblets, while the traditional boudin rouge is a blood sausage or black pudding.’
- ‘Products range from cured ham and Cumberland sausage to champion black puddings, with goats cheese from Knutsford and pickles from Oldham.’
- ‘In a shallow pan, fry the black pudding and the ham with its fat until sizzling.’
- ‘The bacon was spellbinding, the sausage fantastically subtle, the black pudding devilishly sticky.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.