One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The dried black berries of the pepper, harvested while still unripe and used either whole or ground as a spice and condiment.
- ‘The salted version often contains spices such as roasted cumin seeds or black pepper.’
- ‘Take it out once it is mixed and add the oil, salt, black pepper, cumin and coriander then mix together.’
- ‘Add the chopped parsley, a little cracked black pepper and serve the fresh Parmesan separately.’
- ‘Roasted ground cumin and ground black pepper can be sprinkled over fresh yogurt.’
- ‘My favorite dish, however, was tofu cooked on an iron skillet with green peppers, onions and black pepper.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.