One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of heavy metal music having lyrics which deal with the Devil and the supernatural.
- ‘That type of behaviour is part and parcel with the over-the-top extremity that is black metal.’
- ‘But Sweden has such a great scene that's adored around the world, from punk rock to black metal, you cover all genres so well!’
- ‘According to various Japanese metal Web sites, the band was formed in 1992 in a cesspool of early Japanese thrash and black metal.’
- ‘Rap probably outsells black metal a hundred times over, it's message reaches far more disaffected youth and potentially has a far greater impact on the susceptible.’
- ‘We immediately hit it off and found we had a lot of mutual interests in dark music such as black metal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.