One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See black market
- ‘We feel issues concerning the staple food of the nation cannot be left to the dictates of these get-rich-quick traders and black marketeers.’
- ‘Fortunately, he had anticipated trouble and had made arrangements for black marketeers to smuggle out the footage he already had.’
- ‘The author tells us it is simply a matter of supply and demand, with nuclear black marketeers actively establishing connections between likely end-users and would-be sellers.’
- ‘Whether a black marketeer was shot or made a handsome profit depended on luck and the time and place of his operations.’
- ‘The media like to paint it as a rather wild place, full of black marketeers, mobsters and an amorphous group of people they mysteriously call the ‘Mafia'.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.