One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A highly venomous slender olive-brown to dark grey snake that moves with great speed and agility. Native to eastern and southern Africa, it is the largest poisonous snake on the continent.
- ‘It seems to me the world would have been just fine without such creatures as black mambas and water moccasins.’
- ‘The 6ft green mamba, 4ft black mamba and 5ft forest cobra are all deadly, and have been taken to a local zoo for safekeeping.’
- ‘I learned that cobras are comparatively easy to dodge, but that you have to run like hell to get away from black mambas.’
- ‘Join the world's fastest serpent - the deadly black mamba, whose venom can kill a human in just 15 minutes - as it zips along the African wilderness in search of its next meal.’
- ‘When he picks up his harmless little African dirt snake, it somehow magically transforms into a deadly black mamba, ready to spread some fanged fury around.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.