One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A simple indoor performance space with plain black walls and a level floor, typically designed to provide flexibility in the configuration of the stage and the audience seating.‘the new building is to have two performance venues, a 250-seat main stage and a smaller black box theatre with seating for 50 to 99 people’
- ‘Jim says trading his science lab for the school's black box theater at the end of the day has been rewarding.’
- ‘The Academic Center houses offices, practice rooms, and a black box theatre.’
- ‘The show is playing in Roundabout's small black box theater, the first time a musical has been performed there.’
- ‘It's like a big hollow feeling of the outdoors rushing into the closed little space of the black box theater.’
- ‘In the hub between old and new sit three fully equipped black box theaters, as well as art galleries and multipurpose public spaces.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.