Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A simple indoor performance space with plain black walls and a level floor, typically designed to provide flexibility in the configuration of the stage and the audience seating.‘the new building is to have two performance venues, a 250-seat main stage and a smaller black box theatre with seating for 50 to 99 people’
- ‘Jim says trading his science lab for the school's black box theater at the end of the day has been rewarding.’
- ‘In the hub between old and new sit three fully equipped black box theaters, as well as art galleries and multipurpose public spaces.’
- ‘It's like a big hollow feeling of the outdoors rushing into the closed little space of the black box theater.’
- ‘The show is playing in Roundabout's small black box theater, the first time a musical has been performed there.’
- ‘The Academic Center houses offices, practice rooms, and a black box theatre.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.