Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A North American freshwater fish of the sunfish family, which is a popular sporting and food fish.
- ‘The twin lakes are stocked with channel catfish, blue catfish, bluegill sunfish and largemouth bass.’
- ‘Adult fish were reintroduced to Central Long in late May 1995 (9 smallmouth bass, 9 largemouth bass, and 155 yellow perch).’
- ‘Fish for rainbow, brook, and brown trout, and smallmouth bass.’
- ‘For example, brook trout were rarely collected in northeastern lakes with smallmouth bass.’
- ‘If you'd rather be fishing, head to Little Seneca Lake in Black Hill Regional Park, just north of Germantown, where you might hook some largemouth bass, tiger musky, crappie, catfish, and several types of sunfish.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.