One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mass refusal to supply or purchase goods or services in an attempt to force a particular decision or action.
- ‘The term green ban was coined by Jack Mundey in 1973 to distinguish these actions from traditional union black bans.’
- ‘Short of a black ban by the unions, I explained, you're gone for all money.’
- ‘He wrote the letter to Labor Council which placed the matter of a black ban formally on the Council agenda.’
- ‘When the letter formally came before the Labor Council at its Thursday night meeting, he moved endorsement of a black ban and spoke to the motion.’
- ‘Indonesia is calling, calling for our help, for a black ban on all Dutch ships.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.