Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Involving or depending on two variates.
- ‘We used cross-tabulations and rank correlation coefficients to investigate bivariate association.’
- ‘A combination of bivariate and multivariate logistic regression analysis techniques was utilized.’
- ‘This was his formulation of regression and its link to the bivariate normal distribution.’
- ‘Among tenth graders, none of the bivariate comparisons reaches statistical significance.’
- ‘Tables 3 and 4 show the bivariate and multivariate correlations of therapeutic involvement, respectively.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.