Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘While workers were fixing the switchboard in the ventilation at the bituminization facility within the reprocessing plant, they accidentally pulled out the wires.’
- ‘During bituminization, the distinguishable plant remains are lost (except microscopic ones) and the shiny black macerals are produced.’
- ‘At the end of 2001 total amount of concentrates treated by bituminization reached 941,7 m.’
- ‘This surface was durable but slippery, and bituminisation was soon added to the procedure.’
- ‘During the bituminization stage, the neutralized byproduct is mixed with hot petroleum asphalt and solidified.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.