One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dark, slightly bitter, chocolate without added milk; plain chocolate.
- ‘I love classic, thick and sweet plain hot chocolate made with good bittersweet chocolate, but for now I'm having fun playing with possibilities of flavorings for this wintertime specialty.’
- ‘She uses just a bit of bittersweet chocolate as her secret ingredient.’
- ‘Eating milk chocolate isn't like eating bittersweet chocolate just like eating red licorice should not be compared to black licorice (ick).’
- ‘They buy sacks of cacao beans, then roast and grind them into pure, dark bittersweet chocolate.’
- ‘In a bowl, combine the milk, bittersweet chocolate, and white chocolate.’
- ‘Dip one side of each apple into the bittersweet chocolate.’
- ‘The poached pears will tomorrow be coated in bittersweet chocolate and served to the guests who will sit and laugh in the dining room with my parents.’
- ‘They're halfway between a cookie and a chocolate truffle with an extraordinarily pure bittersweet chocolate flavor.’
- ‘As herbs go, it consorts with better-heeled companions than most - bourbon and sugar in frosty silver glasses on hot derby days, bittersweet chocolate over plump scoops of Italian gelato.’
- ‘For two dollars more, you can splurge on a helping of cool white-chocolate mousse, dusted with a powdering of bittersweet chocolate, on a slim hazelnut praline.’
- ‘I dropped a block of bittersweet chocolate on a cutting board.’
- ‘Then he drank his lukewarm black coffee and ate the bittersweet chocolate, which went down like so much nectar and ambrosia: never a better breakfast hath man eaten, Bob felt.’
- ‘In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the bittersweet chocolate, white chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth.’
- ‘Meanwhile, I chopped and added 8 oz of the Giardelli bittersweet chocolate to the remaining cream/milk/vanilla bean mixture.’
- ‘But there is also cardamom, cinnamon, stem ginger, bittersweet chocolate, mango and lime, toasted coconut and dark rum, spiced coffee, dark roast coffee, and most recently, banana muscovado.’
- ‘Milk in chocolate is believed to counter the beneficial antioxidant effects of bittersweet chocolate, which is known to reduce blood pressure.’
- ‘It is a rich chocolate sponge cake glazed in apricot, and iced with bittersweet chocolate.’
- ‘The croissant was wonderful, as was the chocolate bread with a real piece of bittersweet chocolate inside.’
- ‘In a bowl, combine the milk chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, and butter and place over a double boiler until melted.’
- ‘And then in a large bowl, I melted 5 ounces of bittersweet chocolate and 10 tablespoons of butter in the microwave.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.