One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A stream of data in binary form.
- ‘After pressing Generate Programming File, the bitstream is created automatically from the FPGA implementation data.’
- ‘A psycho-acoustical encoder psycho-acoustically encodes the second audio signal and outputs a second bitstream and a second bit rate possessed by a second bitstream.’
- ‘To effect the manipulation and associated re-creation of the data flow, time slots need to occur at the same relative rate in the bitstream.’
- ‘Each quality layer represents an incremental contribution (possibly empty) from the embedded bitstream associated with each code-block in the image.’
- ‘Altera's MPLD uses the same bitstream as for its programmable devices and has more or less the same structure.’
- 1.1Bitstreamtrademark in US A system of digital-to-analogue signal conversion used in some audio CD players, in which the signal from the CD is digitally processed to give a signal at a higher frequency before being converted to an analogue signal.as modifier ‘a Bitstream CD player’
- ‘In the days before Bitstream, CD players came with impressive labels like 16x4 (16-bit/four-times oversampling), PEM (Pulse Edge Modulated), PWM (Pulse Width Modulated) and Multi Stage Noise Shaping (MASH).’
- ‘What characterizes well-designed bitstream CD players is the absence of the metallic hardness that often marred the sound of low-cost CD players.’
- ‘Some of the next generation of Bitstream CD players and digital decoders, including the Meridian 603 and 606 converters, will incorporate this new chip.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.