One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She was not exactly your blonde bombshell type: plump, short, always casually dressed, and bitingly acerbic whenever she had the chance.’
- ‘It is frigid, bitingly cold, and you have young and old in the streets, and you have the important services, the security services, the navy, the armed forces, saying that they will not turn against the people.’
- ‘On a bitingly cold January afternoon it was hard to imagine a sunny June 2004 day when Moore Street Plaza becomes a resplendent showcase of downtown Dublin.’
- ‘And Quebec is faced with a bitingly cold winter.’
- ‘On its face, it's a bitingly satirical article about a ‘Men's History Month’ allegedly held at a high school in Vallejo, CA.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.