One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Repress an emotion; stifle laughter or repress a retort.‘she bit her lip to stop the rush of bitter words’
- ‘Ashley felt the beginning of a smile, and she bit her lip.’
- ‘The girl beside him had bitten her lip to keep from crying out loud.’
- ‘The brunette winced, knowing that Mack had no idea how many times Charlie had bitten his lip to stop the questions that sprung up in his mind.’
- ‘She bit her lip; suddenly realizing she'd used the term "amazing" a lot since arriving in London.’
- ‘I bit my lip and forced myself to be calm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.