One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Anyhow, I asked and they bitchily replied, ‘It is from a song.’’
- ‘‘I hope you put a lot of postage on it,’ Windsor bitchily replies.’
- ‘‘I was rather kind,’ I responded more bitchily than I should have done.’
- ‘The more sociable stood close to their gallery entrance so that they could gossip bitchily, but quietly, with a neighbouring attendant.’
- ‘Well, there's always the refuge which Auden so bitchily alluded to in ‘Journey to Iceland’ (and which I first quoted here way back in January).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.