One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(typically with reference to a woman) a sullen or scowling facial expression, especially as the natural cast of a person's features.‘I have a bitch face too! That's why people talk to my friends first instead of me!’‘there's no reason to be rude and put on a bitch face when someone's just being friendly’
- ‘She definitely has the permanent bitch face down pat to be a model.’
- ‘Would you rather be cursed with resting bitch face for the rest of your life or battle a recurring beauty problem - like frizzy hair - for life?’
- ‘I looked at them in a "hello, how are you" sort of way and they looked at me in a "drop dead, bitch face" sort of way.’
- ‘They brag that the reason they are not harassed more often is because they go through life wearing a "default bitch face".’
- ‘She strapped on her bitch face and attitude.’
- ‘"Damn," Pete thought, wincing from Debbie's bitch face.’
- ‘He has an extreme bitch face and kind of looks like he's always plotting something behind those baby blues.’
- ‘You can imagine things are pretty hectic at the moment (hence the chronic bitch face I seem to be sporting in these photographs).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.