One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The number of bits per second that can be transmitted along a digital network.
- ‘The bit rate of a digital file is defined as how many bits it uses up in a given interval of time.’
- ‘An international standard has been agreed for next-generation xDSL technology, single-pair high bit rate digital subscriber line transceivers.’
- ‘Then you'll have a transition in the marketplace that takes telephony technologies over HFC from a constant bit rate or proprietary system into IP.’
- ‘A psycho-acoustical encoder psycho-acoustically encodes the second audio signal and outputs a second bitstream and a second bit rate possessed by a second bitstream.’
- ‘The samples are taken at a rate that may differ from the channel bit rate of the RF signal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.