One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The rate at which errors occur in the transmission of digital data.
- ‘In order for a signal to be received with an acceptable bit error rate, the attenuation and the crosstalk must both be minimized.’
- ‘Packet loss is a direct result of bit error rate (BER), jitter, network congestion, distance, router buffer overruns, and multiple service providers.’
- ‘Packet loss increases when there is a high bit error rate known as BER (10 - 10 to 10 - 6), or jitter becomes an issue, or when congestion is high.’
- ‘The most important tests include throughput, framed and unframed bit error rate, jumbo frames, IPv6, and counters for the many kinds of errors that can occur.’
- ‘Jitter tolerance represents the maximum amount of jitter that a system can tolerate without bit error rate (BER) degradation.’
- ‘The dynamic tracking ensures the receiver operates below its overload parameter (the maximum input power that the receiver can accept) and within its optimal sensitivity range (the average optical power required to ensure a certain bit error rate).’
- ‘The bit error rate measurements were performed using the XBERT reference design from Xilinx.’
- ‘The system also performs optical bit error rate testing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.