One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic organic compound used in the manufacture of epoxy resins and other polymers.
- ‘Epoxy resins are typically based on the polymerization reaction of bisphenol A with epichlorohydrin.’
- ‘Certain plastics contain plasticisers (such as bisphenol A and phthalates) which mimic the action of oestrogen.’
- ‘Polycarbonate baby bottles, for example, may leach an estrogenic compound called bisphenol A as they degrade.’
- ‘So far, the FDA and representatives from the plastics industry have resisted these requests, arguing compounds like bisphenol A do not leach out of plastic containers at high-enough levels to pose any health threat.’
- ‘Most food tins are lined with a resin which contains a hormone-disrupting chemical called bisphenol A, which can leach from the tin into the food inside.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.