One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Sexually attracted not exclusively to people of one particular gender; attracted to both men and women.
- ‘In conclusion, this exploratory analysis highlights the importance of promoting HIV testing among gay, lesbian, and bisexual adolescents.’
- ‘In addition, many such clients are bisexual in attractions and/or behavior.’
- ‘In the decades of gay, lesbian, transgender and bisexual activism, minority sexualities have gained increasing understanding and visibility.’
- ‘A strength of this book is that most of the authors took care to mention the relevance of the issue under discussion to gay, lesbian, and bisexual youth.’
- ‘At Phase 1, the target population would be screened for sexual orientation, thus identifying lesbian and bisexual women for the sample.’
- ‘There's a lot more awareness and acceptance of gay and lesbian and bisexual lifestyles.’
- ‘And he would end the ban on openly gay, lesbian, and bisexual individuals serving in the armed forces.’
- ‘That would prevent the case from setting any legal precedents on same-sex sexual harassment involving gay and bisexual women.’
- ‘Respondents reported their sexual identity as gay, bisexual, or heterosexual.’
- ‘Heterosexuals' attitudes toward bisexual men and women have only recently become the object of scientific research.’
- ‘Gay, lesbian, and bisexual adolescents also may be isolated by street subcultures or by discomfort from what few resources exist.’
- ‘In all, this study adds to the small literature on what lesbian and bisexual women find attractive in body shape.’
Having characteristics of both sexes.
hermaphrodite, hermaphroditicView synonyms
- ‘The cone exhibits at least a partially bisexual character that appears to have pollen sacs with monosulcate ribbed pollen grains and sessile, asymmetric, and radiospermic ovules.’
- ‘Previous studies based on a qualitative analysis have shown a high degree of variability in the mode of expression of carpel/stamen in homeotic bisexual flowers.’
- ‘Flowers are bisexual, protogynous and pollinated by insects.’
- ‘It is a comparison of mortality among male, bisexual, female and non-flowering Acer rufinerve in each year from 1992 to 1997.’
- ‘Within the anthophyte clade, there is significant homoplasy in the distribution of bisexual reproductive structures.’
A person who is sexually attracted not exclusively to people of one particular gender.
- ‘Growing up as a bisexual was horribly confusing and I always had to be one thing or the other and in actual fact I'm neither.’
- ‘Myths and stereotypes about bisexuals abound.’
- ‘Lesbians, gay men, and bisexuals represent a sexual minority, and like other minorities, they often face experiences of discrimination.’
- ‘The choice can be even more complicated for gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgendered people.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.