Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Sexually attracted to both men and women.
- ‘And he would end the ban on openly gay, lesbian, and bisexual individuals serving in the armed forces.’
- ‘In the decades of gay, lesbian, transgender and bisexual activism, minority sexualities have gained increasing understanding and visibility.’
- ‘Gay, lesbian, and bisexual adolescents also may be isolated by street subcultures or by discomfort from what few resources exist.’
- ‘Respondents reported their sexual identity as gay, bisexual, or heterosexual.’
- ‘In all, this study adds to the small literature on what lesbian and bisexual women find attractive in body shape.’
- ‘That would prevent the case from setting any legal precedents on same-sex sexual harassment involving gay and bisexual women.’
- ‘In conclusion, this exploratory analysis highlights the importance of promoting HIV testing among gay, lesbian, and bisexual adolescents.’
- ‘There's a lot more awareness and acceptance of gay and lesbian and bisexual lifestyles.’
- ‘Heterosexuals' attitudes toward bisexual men and women have only recently become the object of scientific research.’
- ‘In addition, many such clients are bisexual in attractions and/or behavior.’
- ‘At Phase 1, the target population would be screened for sexual orientation, thus identifying lesbian and bisexual women for the sample.’
- ‘A strength of this book is that most of the authors took care to mention the relevance of the issue under discussion to gay, lesbian, and bisexual youth.’
Having characteristics of both sexes.
hermaphrodite, hermaphroditicView synonyms
- ‘Previous studies based on a qualitative analysis have shown a high degree of variability in the mode of expression of carpel/stamen in homeotic bisexual flowers.’
- ‘The cone exhibits at least a partially bisexual character that appears to have pollen sacs with monosulcate ribbed pollen grains and sessile, asymmetric, and radiospermic ovules.’
- ‘It is a comparison of mortality among male, bisexual, female and non-flowering Acer rufinerve in each year from 1992 to 1997.’
- ‘Within the anthophyte clade, there is significant homoplasy in the distribution of bisexual reproductive structures.’
- ‘Flowers are bisexual, protogynous and pollinated by insects.’
A person who is sexually attracted to both men and women.
- ‘Lesbians, gay men, and bisexuals represent a sexual minority, and like other minorities, they often face experiences of discrimination.’
- ‘Growing up as a bisexual was horribly confusing and I always had to be one thing or the other and in actual fact I'm neither.’
- ‘Myths and stereotypes about bisexuals abound.’
- ‘The choice can be even more complicated for gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgendered people.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.