One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Sexually attracted not exclusively to people of one particular gender; attracted to both men and women.
- ‘Respondents reported their sexual identity as gay, bisexual, or heterosexual.’
- ‘At Phase 1, the target population would be screened for sexual orientation, thus identifying lesbian and bisexual women for the sample.’
- ‘And he would end the ban on openly gay, lesbian, and bisexual individuals serving in the armed forces.’
- ‘There's a lot more awareness and acceptance of gay and lesbian and bisexual lifestyles.’
- ‘In the decades of gay, lesbian, transgender and bisexual activism, minority sexualities have gained increasing understanding and visibility.’
- ‘In all, this study adds to the small literature on what lesbian and bisexual women find attractive in body shape.’
- ‘Heterosexuals' attitudes toward bisexual men and women have only recently become the object of scientific research.’
- ‘In addition, many such clients are bisexual in attractions and/or behavior.’
- ‘Gay, lesbian, and bisexual adolescents also may be isolated by street subcultures or by discomfort from what few resources exist.’
- ‘In conclusion, this exploratory analysis highlights the importance of promoting HIV testing among gay, lesbian, and bisexual adolescents.’
- ‘That would prevent the case from setting any legal precedents on same-sex sexual harassment involving gay and bisexual women.’
- ‘A strength of this book is that most of the authors took care to mention the relevance of the issue under discussion to gay, lesbian, and bisexual youth.’
Having characteristics of both sexes.
hermaphrodite, hermaphroditicView synonyms
- ‘It is a comparison of mortality among male, bisexual, female and non-flowering Acer rufinerve in each year from 1992 to 1997.’
- ‘Flowers are bisexual, protogynous and pollinated by insects.’
- ‘Within the anthophyte clade, there is significant homoplasy in the distribution of bisexual reproductive structures.’
- ‘The cone exhibits at least a partially bisexual character that appears to have pollen sacs with monosulcate ribbed pollen grains and sessile, asymmetric, and radiospermic ovules.’
- ‘Previous studies based on a qualitative analysis have shown a high degree of variability in the mode of expression of carpel/stamen in homeotic bisexual flowers.’
A person who is sexually attracted not exclusively to people of one particular gender.
- ‘The choice can be even more complicated for gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgendered people.’
- ‘Myths and stereotypes about bisexuals abound.’
- ‘Growing up as a bisexual was horribly confusing and I always had to be one thing or the other and in actual fact I'm neither.’
- ‘Lesbians, gay men, and bisexuals represent a sexual minority, and like other minorities, they often face experiences of discrimination.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.