One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Arranged in or consisting of two series or rows.
- ‘Uniserial budding produces a chain (runner or branch) one zooid wide, whereas, colonies that are biserial, zooids share one wall and result in a strip two zooids wide.’
- ‘As in non - stelleroid echinoderms, asteroid ambulacrals form a biserial column.’
- ‘Some rhipidocystids have standard biserial brachioles whereas others have uniserial brachioles.’
- ‘Another biserial morphotype with a coiled pattern is produced by relatively narrow ranges of all parameters and resembles simple spiral morphotypes with two series of chambers.’
- ‘For instance, they cannot model gradual or abrupt changes of growth modes that cause different chamber arrangements during ontogeny, such as planispiral and switching to biserial or streptospiral to uniserial.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.