Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Arranged in or consisting of two series or rows.
- ‘For instance, they cannot model gradual or abrupt changes of growth modes that cause different chamber arrangements during ontogeny, such as planispiral and switching to biserial or streptospiral to uniserial.’
- ‘Some rhipidocystids have standard biserial brachioles whereas others have uniserial brachioles.’
- ‘Another biserial morphotype with a coiled pattern is produced by relatively narrow ranges of all parameters and resembles simple spiral morphotypes with two series of chambers.’
- ‘Uniserial budding produces a chain (runner or branch) one zooid wide, whereas, colonies that are biserial, zooids share one wall and result in a strip two zooids wide.’
- ‘As in non - stelleroid echinoderms, asteroid ambulacrals form a biserial column.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.