One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The date on which a person was born.
- ‘These records included personal information such as birthdates, county of birth and mother's maiden name.’
- ‘Conception dates of hyena litters were calculated by subtracting the gestation period of 110 days from birthdates.’
- ‘No record exists of his birthdate, although he was baptized on April 26th, suggesting that he was born no more than a week earlier.’
- ‘They have, for the first time, marked Wilson's birthdate - March 15, 1825.’
- ‘My birthdate is available in several biographical dictionaries (Who's Who, for example) but beware!’
- ‘He was 84 or 86, depending on which birthdate you buy, and living in rural Oregon, retired from the movies since the early 1990s.’
- ‘However, even if they are significant, there's at least one quite reasonable way I can think of in which accident rates could be tied to birthdate.’
- ‘Registrants can be asked for the names, addresses, phone numbers and birthdates of their parents.’
- ‘Somebody out there knows about my kids, their numbers and obviously their birthdates; anything their social security number can bring up.’
- ‘Their names, birthdates, and birthplaces can now be confirmed by the family records and the population census.’
- ‘They confirmed the birthdates for my brother and me, but my sister's biological mother said she was actually born on February 13.’
- ‘Personal details include name of offender, address, birthdate, date of conviction, crime convicted for, and time served.’
- ‘For instance, you could put in a spouse's name, children's names and birthdates.’
- ‘Users can browse profiles by relevant attributes such as name, class, birthdates, and more importantly, favorite movies and music.’
- ‘The closer the subject's birthdate is to the mid-twentieth century and the more he or she has attracted the attention of cameras and microphones, the better the chances that this particular episode will be absorbing.’
- ‘Several Romanian gymnasts have said their birthdates were changed.’
- ‘You also get the birthdates and the correct pronunciation and nicknames for players.’
- ‘The caller then said, ‘I need to know your birthdate.’’
- ‘This will include birthdate, birth town, parents' names, including his mother's maiden name, which is hard to get otherwise.’
- ‘While only the names, addresses, birthplaces, and birthdates of voters are thought to be included in the voting data obtained by ChoicePoint, drivers' license records contain home telephone numbers for six million Mexicans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.