Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The zodiacal sign through which the sun is passing when a person is born.→ sun sign
- ‘The company's founder, Ferrucio Lamborghini, was born in May and so chose the Taurus birth sign as his company's logo.’
- ‘As his birthday approached in 1941, Neptune would be in opposition to his birth sign.’
- ‘I got this name from checking out my birth sign under Celtic astrology and came upon the Celtic tree calendar.’
- ‘That was her nickname for me, since my birth sign was Virgo.’
- ‘Each of the houses in the project is unique, and each can be decorated according to the birth sign of the owner to ensure prosperity.’
- ‘Director Michael Daley claimed that details of the painting were altered or painted over, including a Libra birth sign disappearing from the cylindrical dial.’
- ‘Their birth signs are based on their birthdays, just like their owners.’
- ‘In his current drive for stability in Indonesia, the president will need the traits of his birth sign more than ever.’
- ‘She then contacted the mother of a child who also had OCD, who first asked her the birth sign of the woman's daughter.’
- ‘This birth sign reports the highest number of claims overall.’
- ‘The basic gist of this book seems to be just that: forget about being matched to your birth sign, you take qualities from all of them!’
- ‘In other words, there's chaos, but if you see the constellation - in this case, Leo, which is my birth sign - there's order, too.’
- ‘The craze continues today, Ruizendaal said, with televised puppet shows and Web sites dedicated to puppets that provide information on each character's biography and birth sign, even their blood type.’
- ‘Those born in any other Year of the Horse - which comes every 12 years - might wear red shoes, belts or bracelets to repel evil spirits during the year of their birth sign.’
- ‘After confirming their own birth sign and learning what their constellation really looked like in our southern skies, they entered the tunnel that led to the dome.’
- ‘Practically everyone knows his birth sign and almost everyone knows something about his own birth sign.’
- ‘We sit and chill with Rocwilda, the Def Squad, their harem of ladies, and discuss birth signs.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.