One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The zodiacal sign through which the sun is passing when a person is born.
- ‘In other words, there's chaos, but if you see the constellation - in this case, Leo, which is my birth sign - there's order, too.’
- ‘Their birth signs are based on their birthdays, just like their owners.’
- ‘She then contacted the mother of a child who also had OCD, who first asked her the birth sign of the woman's daughter.’
- ‘As his birthday approached in 1941, Neptune would be in opposition to his birth sign.’
- ‘The craze continues today, Ruizendaal said, with televised puppet shows and Web sites dedicated to puppets that provide information on each character's biography and birth sign, even their blood type.’
- ‘In his current drive for stability in Indonesia, the president will need the traits of his birth sign more than ever.’
- ‘After confirming their own birth sign and learning what their constellation really looked like in our southern skies, they entered the tunnel that led to the dome.’
- ‘The company's founder, Ferrucio Lamborghini, was born in May and so chose the Taurus birth sign as his company's logo.’
- ‘Director Michael Daley claimed that details of the painting were altered or painted over, including a Libra birth sign disappearing from the cylindrical dial.’
- ‘I got this name from checking out my birth sign under Celtic astrology and came upon the Celtic tree calendar.’
- ‘This birth sign reports the highest number of claims overall.’
- ‘That was her nickname for me, since my birth sign was Virgo.’
- ‘The basic gist of this book seems to be just that: forget about being matched to your birth sign, you take qualities from all of them!’
- ‘Each of the houses in the project is unique, and each can be decorated according to the birth sign of the owner to ensure prosperity.’
- ‘We sit and chill with Rocwilda, the Def Squad, their harem of ladies, and discuss birth signs.’
- ‘Practically everyone knows his birth sign and almost everyone knows something about his own birth sign.’
- ‘Those born in any other Year of the Horse - which comes every 12 years - might wear red shoes, belts or bracelets to repel evil spirits during the year of their birth sign.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.