Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cat of a long-haired breed, typically with a cream body, dark head, tail, and legs, and white paws.
- ‘There are CFA clubs devoted to the promotion, protection and preservation of the Birman breed.’
- ‘Also known as the ‘Sacred Cat of Burma’, the Birman is truly a cat of mystery whose origins remain uncertain.’
- ‘The distinguishing colours of the Birman are those of the Siamese.’
- ‘A good show Birman requires a round, broad head with full cheeks and a medium sized nose.’
- ‘I own a clean cattery in Adelaide, South Australia, and am a registered Birman breeder with the GCCFSA.’
- ‘Just scroll down the list of Birman catteries below and click on the ‘details’ link to view more information, kitten pictures, and complete contact information.’
- ‘The ideal Birman is a large, strongly built, elongated and stocky cat, neither svelte nor cobby.’
- ‘Felicity, a nine year-old Bluepoint Birman, is owned by Sharon.’
- ‘My Birman, Karma, was quite offended at this intrusion, but he finally adapted.’
- ‘The beautiful and affectionate Birman cat is most commonly available in the seal point and blue point colors.’
- ‘There is a lot of confusion regarding the genetics of the four traditional Birman point colors.’
- ‘The Birman chin should be well developed, and the eyes not round but with a slightly flattened top.’
- ‘In all probability the soulmates that joined forces to create the Birman were Siamese cats and longhair, bicolored Angoras.’
- ‘It is necessary for Birman to be groomed daily.’
Variant of Burman.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.