One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They demonstrated diagnostic negative birefringence under the polarizing microscope.’
- ‘Polarization images probe linear birefringence and can only achieve contrast by having orthogonal polarizers for excitation and collection.’
- ‘Such flexibility has been observed by electrical birefringence, electron paramagnetic resonance, fluorescence resonance energy transfer, phosphorescence, and electron microscopy.’
- ‘The use of polarized illumination makes birefringence a factor in optical performance.’
- ‘The chitinized walls that lined many of the spray flow structures exhibited birefringence in polarized light microscopy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.