One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Polarization images probe linear birefringence and can only achieve contrast by having orthogonal polarizers for excitation and collection.’
- ‘The chitinized walls that lined many of the spray flow structures exhibited birefringence in polarized light microscopy.’
- ‘Such flexibility has been observed by electrical birefringence, electron paramagnetic resonance, fluorescence resonance energy transfer, phosphorescence, and electron microscopy.’
- ‘They demonstrated diagnostic negative birefringence under the polarizing microscope.’
- ‘The use of polarized illumination makes birefringence a factor in optical performance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.