One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A young bird; a nestling.‘the birdlings flew away in the autumn’
chick, baby bird, fledglingView synonyms
- ‘In the nest a newborn birdling stands awkwardly with its beak open wide, straining in the throes of infancy.’
- ‘The one that yells loudest is fed first and continues to be fed until another birdling yells louder.’
- ‘The one small birdling went up to a lion's whelp, and took refuge with it.’
- ‘I can imagine picking up a nest of birdlings to raise in hopes of their survival from the devastation and blight that is being wreaked upon their surroundings.’
- ‘These young birdling things are driving me to the point of borrowing a gun.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.