One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place or building where research on birds, especially ringing, is carried out.
- ‘Skokholm is Britain's oldest bird observatory, and its lighthouse, built in 1916, has been especially adapted to protect the thousands of Manx shearwaters that return to the island after dark.’
- ‘However, it is easily seen if you go to the right place: the bird observatory at Barren Grounds, south of Wollongong.’
- ‘Additionally, ~ 75% of the data were collected by three individuals whose tenure at the bird observatory overlapped by at least two years each, further enhancing standardization.’
- ‘History buffs and bird fanatics spent a year restoring the rundown telegraph building before opening it to the public in 1978 as a museum and bird observatory.’
- ‘The island's bird observatory is also popular with tourists and there is a small hotel, a self-catering cottage and two bed and breakfasts.’
- ‘There is only one B&B, a bird observatory hostel and a single self - catering cottage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.