One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who keeps or breeds birds.
- ‘Over the centuries, though, songbirds became the hobby of bird fanciers, who selectively bred them for particular characteristics.’
- ‘But the more evident marauder is pigeons, thanks to the sandwich crusts left by lunchers and the feed spread by misguided bird fanciers.’
- ‘Their robust and charming personalities, along with their easy care and beautiful colors, continue to make them a favorite among bird fanciers.’
- ‘What we are left with is a very amusing evening as Paul, the bird fancier in extremis, ploughs his way through a galaxy of beautiful birds, taking them almost all the way to the altar and funking it at the last minute.’
- ‘Since it's inception in 1983 the dedicated group of bird fanciers have continued to meet regularly and has among it's membership quite a few John's Park residents as well as members from other surrounding areas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.