One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who keeps or breeds birds.
- ‘Since it's inception in 1983 the dedicated group of bird fanciers have continued to meet regularly and has among it's membership quite a few John's Park residents as well as members from other surrounding areas.’
- ‘Over the centuries, though, songbirds became the hobby of bird fanciers, who selectively bred them for particular characteristics.’
- ‘Their robust and charming personalities, along with their easy care and beautiful colors, continue to make them a favorite among bird fanciers.’
- ‘What we are left with is a very amusing evening as Paul, the bird fancier in extremis, ploughs his way through a galaxy of beautiful birds, taking them almost all the way to the altar and funking it at the last minute.’
- ‘But the more evident marauder is pigeons, thanks to the sandwich crusts left by lunchers and the feed spread by misguided bird fanciers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.