One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of catching birds, marking them with an identifying band around the leg, and then releasing them; bird ringing.
- ‘This fall's bird banding will take place from October 6th through the 18th.’
- ‘This early experiment in American bird banding paid off: Audubon was delighted to see the birds he had marked return the next year.’
- ‘The Biological Survey chose Frederick C. Lincoln to manage its bird banding program in 1920.’
- ‘Now, researchers use bird banding to track a range of avian activities.’
- ‘In a deviation from matters of classification, Walters adds a bit of commentary on the history of bird banding and lack of knowledge of the causes of migration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.