Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- North American term for bird ringing
- ‘Now, researchers use bird banding to track a range of avian activities.’
- ‘This early experiment in American bird banding paid off: Audubon was delighted to see the birds he had marked return the next year.’
- ‘The Biological Survey chose Frederick C. Lincoln to manage its bird banding program in 1920.’
- ‘This fall's bird banding will take place from October 6th through the 18th.’
- ‘In a deviation from matters of classification, Walters adds a bit of commentary on the history of bird banding and lack of knowledge of the causes of migration.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.