One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See bird banding
- ‘To address our goals, we collected new data through our own field efforts, studied specimens in museums, reviewed available literature, and amassed data from bird banders over a wide part of the species' current range.’
- ‘Tom is a photographer, but even cooler than that is a master bird bander.’
- ‘Peter Pyle's Identification Guide to North American Passerines, written mainly for bird banders, has detailed information on determining the sex and age of perching birds.’
- ‘However, as an ornithologist and bird bander whose specialty is hummingbirds, I was surprised to read the author's assertion that hummingbirds cannot be banded due to risk of injury and impaired flight.’
- ‘In the United States, John James Audubon may have been the first bird bander.’
- ‘During the 1920s, Lincoln solicited a network of volunteer bird banders throughout the United States and Canada that included both professional and amateur ornithologists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.