One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See bird banding
- ‘Peter Pyle's Identification Guide to North American Passerines, written mainly for bird banders, has detailed information on determining the sex and age of perching birds.’
- ‘Tom is a photographer, but even cooler than that is a master bird bander.’
- ‘During the 1920s, Lincoln solicited a network of volunteer bird banders throughout the United States and Canada that included both professional and amateur ornithologists.’
- ‘To address our goals, we collected new data through our own field efforts, studied specimens in museums, reviewed available literature, and amassed data from bird banders over a wide part of the species' current range.’
- ‘However, as an ornithologist and bird bander whose specialty is hummingbirds, I was surprised to read the author's assertion that hummingbirds cannot be banded due to risk of injury and impaired flight.’
- ‘In the United States, John James Audubon may have been the first bird bander.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.