One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A two-legged stand or support.
- ‘As with other bipods, check point of impact under the conditions you expect to encounter.’
- ‘If the game isn't aware you are present there is generally time to make preparations - to slip into a shooting sling, extend a bipod, find a tree or rock - to do whatever is needed to get steady.’
- ‘I unfolded the bipods of my new sniper rifle, set it in place, and aimed it right at the door.’
- ‘It had the folded bipods, and a sleek shiny black scope, and it had foldable butt.’
- ‘Many sporting rifles today are set up with bipods, like the excellent Harris models, and actually a front bipod can be used in place of the pedestal rest to a certain extent.’
- ‘Today, bipods are available in a variety of designs to fit any hunting style.’
- ‘For versatile hunting bipods, look to Stoney Point.’
- ‘When on a bipod, or tripod, it has a more limited range of motion, because the operator would have to move their body to adjust the angle, this makes the transitions slower than they could be.’
- ‘Each country has a .30 calibre machine gun with a bipod.’
- ‘Then I opened up my bipods, stuck the barrel through, and got comfortable.’
- ‘The weapons - which have the barrel supported by a bipod - are a modified version of the standard-issue SA80 infantry rifle.’
- ‘‘We've got something new in virtually every category,’ Thompson said, from gun cases and bipods to hearing protection and knives.’
- ‘It has an integral bipod and the capability for tripod, helicopter or vehicle mounting.’
- ‘These accessories include bipods, swivel and slings, gun cases, cleaning products, rangefinders, spotting scopes, knives, game calls, flashlights, gloves, hats, etc.’
- ‘Dealers can spur sales with ammunition, stocks, recoil pads, optics, slings, carrying cases, hearing and eye protection, range bags, shooting benches, bipods, targets and other accessories.’
- ‘With bipod, optics and magazine, our system tips the scale at 15 3/4 pounds, not out of line when compared to other sniper rifles on the market.’
- ‘It also required a high-tension mount tripod that would allow the bulk of the weapon to swing freely, and not rip off its base, like a standard bipod would, and Thomas had one of those, as well.’
- ‘Air Force makes a whole host of add-on accessories including scopes, lights, lasers, bipods, night vision equipment and other sighting devices.’
- ‘After all, how many camera bipods have you seen?’
- ‘We found the Versa-Pod to be more flexible than ‘fixed’ type bipods because its ability to pivot slightly enables the shooter to accommodate for irregularities in the ground.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.