One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against bisexual people.‘they had experienced homophobic and biphobic bullying’
- ‘I get angry in response to biphobic derision.’
- ‘The mayor came under fire after laughing at a biphobic joke on a local radio show.’
- ‘These youth need to know that there are real adult bisexuals who disprove biphobic stereotypes.’
- ‘The girl I'd been dating before we started dating was super biphobic to the point that she executively labelled me a lesbian.’
- ‘The same weekend, a gay comedian tweeted a joke that many bisexual activists found biphobic.’
- ‘Same-sex couples still face prejudice, and children are still subject to homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying at school.’
- ‘In a homophobic, biphobic, and transphobic world, however, even the safest places are not exempt from hate crimes.’
- ‘"Homophobic, biphobic and transphobic language is endemic in Britain, particularly within our schools," it said in a statement.’
- ‘The biphobic attitudes of any other characters would have come off the way hers had earlier in the series: that character's attitude, not that of the show.’
- ‘I myself have suffered transphobic and biphobic abuse in supposedly LGBT venues.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.