One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against bisexual people.‘they had experienced homophobic and biphobic bullying’
- ‘In a homophobic, biphobic, and transphobic world, however, even the safest places are not exempt from hate crimes.’
- ‘The girl I'd been dating before we started dating was super biphobic to the point that she executively labelled me a lesbian.’
- ‘These youth need to know that there are real adult bisexuals who disprove biphobic stereotypes.’
- ‘"Homophobic, biphobic and transphobic language is endemic in Britain, particularly within our schools," it said in a statement.’
- ‘The same weekend, a gay comedian tweeted a joke that many bisexual activists found biphobic.’
- ‘The biphobic attitudes of any other characters would have come off the way hers had earlier in the series: that character's attitude, not that of the show.’
- ‘The mayor came under fire after laughing at a biphobic joke on a local radio show.’
- ‘I myself have suffered transphobic and biphobic abuse in supposedly LGBT venues.’
- ‘I get angry in response to biphobic derision.’
- ‘Same-sex couples still face prejudice, and children are still subject to homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying at school.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.