One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They concluded that movement by the protohominids into this novel dimension of behavior was importantly linked with the advent of bipedalism.’
- ‘Well, it is clear that bipedalism arose quite early in hominid history, even if no one can be certain, in the strictest genealogical sense, that the earliest hominid was an upright biped.’
- ‘An opposing camp argues that bipedalism is simply the most energy-efficient way for a hominid to get around on a flat surface.’
- ‘But bipedalism in birds is a highly specialized form of bipedal motion; the large tails of birds' ancestors, which in crocodilians still anchor the leg muscles, have mostly vanished in birds.’
- ‘One of the pleasures of Stanford's book is its splendidly gossipy account of recent research into the early history of hominid bipedalism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.