One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of living organisms in the treatment of disease.
- ‘Reports of the use of leeches in plastic surgery and maggots in dermatology raise the question of which other animals may be of benefit, a concept some call ‘biotherapy.’’
- ‘Biotherapy is designed to repair, stimulate, or enhance your bodys own immune responses.’
- ‘A feasibility study was conducted to establish the safety and, to some extent, the effectiveness of a new approach of perioperative adjuvant biotherapy in patients with resected cutaneous melanoma.’
- ‘BresaGen, Ltd. is an Australian biotechnology company committed to the discovery and commercial development of innovative biotherapies.’
- ‘The use of maggots is part of a larger category of medicine in which living organisms, like leeches or bees, are used as a direct part of treatment, a class of procedures known as biotherapy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.